We are the 3rd grade students in Ms. Corcoran’s class, and we’ve been studying a Unit of Inquiry called H2O. We have learned the importance of conserving water and not wasting it. We would like to persuade the St. John’s community to conserve water and use it wisely. Water is a finite resource, and we need your help because all living things need water to survive.
Here is a list of easy, simple water saving ideas:
- Fill the dishwasher with dishes before you run it at the end of the day.
- Use a spray nozzle on the hose when washing the car so water is used only when needed.
- Check the weather before watering the plants.
- Limit the time for running water on outside water games like Slip and Slide.
- Collect rain water for watering plants.
- Fill the kitchen basin when washing the dishes by hand instead of running the water.
- Take 2-5 minute showers instead of baths.
- Use a timed irrigation system for watering plants.
- Put a brick in your toilet tank to reduce the water volume being used.
- Replace old toilets with dual or low flush toilets.
- Brush your teeth with the tap water off while you brush.
- Buy drought resistant or native plants for your garden.
- Repair leaky faucets.