For two days in mid-May, teachers, students, parents, alumni, staff and Board members (about 30 people in total from across the school community) met for the Strategic Planning Annual Review meeting. The main purpose of the meeting was to review progress of the plan in the past year and to set goals for the 2013-14 school year.
These are just a few of the the 2012-13 school year achievements:
- The St. John’s paradigm was established
- Implementation of an updated admission policy
- Launch of the leadership academy for teachers
- Introduction of a twinning project with Lasne school
- Development of the dual language program for grade 1 for 2013-14
- Academic honesty and language policy and procedures were completed
- The addition of the Stewardship and Sustainability strategy to the overall plan
Highlights of goals set for the 2013-14 school year include the phasing of the campus master plan; enhancement of the Learning Commons and upgrades to buildings and classroom spaces; celebrating student achievement with a focus on student leadership; developing a communications strategy around the ethos and its meaning to stakeholders; meeting all standards required by the “Green schools initiative”; developing projects for new income streams, and many more. We will be communicating all the strategic planning goals, as well as the Board and School goals for 2013-14, in the coming days.