Our guest speaker for this week’s Speaker of the House lecture was Spanish writer María Escalona. The title of her Lecture was: The adventure of writing. My own adventure.
Born in Madrid in 1971, Ms. Escalona grew up reading stories, novels and plays. er favorite classes were always language, English and literature. She moved to Belgium after her studies and published her first book “Dying Sunday”.
She dealt with these points during her lecture to High School students and teachers:
– My view, my approach: What writing means to me. Requirements to write.
– Getting started I: The chicken or the egg
– Getting started II: Research
– Getting Started III: The blank page
– Building up your characters